º 567 offences/camera/day x 831 cameras x 11 days = 5,265,216 offences
\ an easy RM 80 million pocketed in < 11 days !!! ①
( It will only need < 2 days for 831 cameras to record 900,000 offences. )
º 567 offences/camera/day x 831 cameras x 2 days = 942,354 offences
\ another easy RM 135 million in 2 days !!! ②
º 567 offences/camera/day x 831 cameras x 1 day = 471,177 offences
º 471,177 offences x RM 300/summon x 7.5% = RM 10,601,483 ③
\ RM 10.6 million++ per day from 13th day onwards !!!
\ RM 3.72 billion++ for remaining 351 days of 1st year !!!
Even if the summons were given a 50% discount, its still a very profitable business snapping photographs.
( Can the summons be discounted? Will the contractors agree to that ? As discounted summons means less profit !!! )
Total Revenue =
+ RM 80 millions ( first 11 days of 1 year ) ①
+ RM 135 millions ( next 2 days of 1st year ) ②
+ RM 3,721,120,358 ( remaining 351 days of 1st year ) ④
+ RM 3,858,939,630 ( 2nd year ) ④
+ RM 3,858,939,630 ( 3rd year ) ④
+ RM 3,858,939,630 ( 4th year ) ④
+ RM 3,858,939,630 ( 5th year ) ④
+ RM 19,371,878,878 – RM 800,000,000 ⑥-⑤
= RM 18,571,878,878 ⑦
º RM 3.71 billion/year
º RM 309 million/month
Otherwise, I think this is the best money-making business plan ever !!!
2. why outsource ? MOT cannot afford to fork out RM 800 million capital ?
3. was the contract really properly open-tendered ?
4. since the contractor are paid based on summons collected, doesn’t that means more summons generate more revenue ?
5. will the contract somehow be extended ?
6. why pay the concessionaire so handsomely ?
7. the portable units are akin to the present speed cameras used in speed traps, are the offences caught on portable units subjected to payment to the concessionaires ?
8. that mean that the 'old' speed cameras owned by PDRM now antiques in Police Museum?
9. does that means that the 'speed-traps' are now 'privatised'?
10. on what basis MIROS determined the black spots ?
11. if nowhere in Malaysia a motorist can drive over speed limit of 110 km/j, why allow production/import/sell/register high-powered cars ?
12. why not repair/rectify accident-prone roads ? loopholes/water-logged/uneven surface/bottlenecks/sharp bends/poorly lit/synchronized traffic lights …
I suppose the answers are either confidential, sensitive, beyond jurisdiction, tak tahu or protected under OSA. L
|watch out for this at the road !!!|