Thursday, April 25, 2013

王子 学 外语 之 Help !


“You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.”
English idiom

You do a favor for me and I'll do a favor for you.; If you do something for me that I cannot do for myself, I will do something for you that you cannot do for yourself.




“You help me, I help you.”
Najib Razak, 2010 May 15th

The Prime Minister of Malaysia, ( leader of the ruling collation BN ) Najib Razak during his visit to Rejang Park, a Chinese majority housing estate in Sibu, Sarawak, campaigning for SUPP’s Robert Lau during Sibu parliamentary by-election.  Najib promised the voters RM5 million to alleviate floods if Robert Lau win the seat.

The by-election was won by DAP’s Richard Wong by a simple majority of 398 votes.

Najib’s vote-buying promises were deem morally inappropriate for some, yet anyone sensible would know its a broad daylight bribery.  The Malaysian Parliament claimed that  Najib did not violating Election Offences Act.   In 2009, the Federal Court made a decision that promises to bring development during election campaign are not an act of bribery.

Till today, many parts of Sibu remain flood-prone, in addition to tones of other perennial problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment